[Amps] tubes in parallel

R.Measures r at somis.org
Thu Dec 4 04:06:30 EST 2003

>Hi Vic,
>The reason is laziness:  I already have two hand wound plate chokes that
>are self resonant at the desired frequency and while they are heavy enough
>to handle a single tube with some reserve they would not handle two tubes
>with some reserve.

**  The current handling ability of modern, high-temp  silicone-varnish
insulated Cu wire is surprising.  For example, in single-layer solenoid
RF choke service, #24 gauge will handle 4A of anode-I.  The reason is
that the wire is cooled by direct contact with air.   {note -- this wire
is sold by weight on your spool at electric-motor rewinding shops.}