[Amps] Bird water load ratings

PAUL HEWITT wd7s at att.net
Sat Dec 13 09:03:51 EST 2003

Hi John
Are we talking about the same type loads?  My 2500 watt load uses an oil
dielectric that is cooled with a water loop immersed in the oil.  It could
be a Bird 8230 but it's marked with a military number, it looks the same and
is rated the same, 200 watts without water and 2500 with circulation.  I
have run this load at 6KW SSB for short periods with no apparent damage.

I've haven't tried bacon but the spiders in the cooling fins leave in a
hurry!!
73, from rainy Oregon, Paul

PAUL HEWITT
WD7S PRODUCTIONS