Fw: [Amps] HELP...off topic.. slow picture loads

Ed Briggs edbriggs at optonline.net
Fri Dec 26 10:05:55 EST 2003

You'd be much better off taking this off this mailing list, and getting it
to people who are familiar with these kinds of issues. Since it is linked to
ebay, you might also consider letting them know as they want their users to
be happy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/welcome/error-ov.html

They will want to know: (and please don't post it here)
- the particular page you are accessing (the url)
- when did this start
- Version of the OS, including the patch level (get a command prompt and
type winver to get this info)
- Version of the browser, including patches (go to help.. about to get this
- Are these current? If not, you can get free updates from
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com  . In fact there is a tool that will
determine which updates you have and need. You can select these.  By all
means, you should insure that you have the latest critical patches, and
those pertaining to the browser.
A great place to start looking for Microsoft product support information is:
http://support.microsoft.com/

For technical issues like this, it is often useful to search the Microsoft
Knowledge Base  http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

Also, you can search/post to one of the newsgroups listed at the top of the
previous link, or request email or telephone support.

It's really good that you have isolated this to one website, and that only
one of your two computers exhibits this behavior. Looking at the differences
between the two computers might be interesting, particularly the browser
versions.

It's great that everybody wants to help, but without even knowing the
baseline information, or getting any data on what is actually happening,
proposing random solutions that 'might help' can actually do more harm than
good.

happy hunting:
Ed N1TS