[Amps] Speaking of filaments...& regulation

BEAR bearlabs at netzero.net
Mon Feb 3 15:37:53 EST 2003

Thinking about the issue of keeping the filaments cooking at +/- 5%
of nominal rating for longest life...

Seems to me that a saturable core type transformer would fit that bill
perfectly... certainly would regulate the voltage. You know, similar
to those 120v AC supplies that do the same trick.

In fact, I think I have some that are 6.3v saturable core trannys from
something or other... obviously you'd need some that were wound *for*
the desired voltage.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

        _-_-bear

--
  _-_-bearlabs

   http://www.bearlabsUSA.com
    - Silver Lightning Interconnects & Custom Mods -