[Amps] 3CX3000 Chimneys

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 19 20:03:23 EST 2003

I may have found the solution to coming up with a chimney for the 3CX3000.
It is a recessed ceiling lighting fixture made out of a thermoset type black
plastic.  I found them here in the Tampa area.  Since it is thermoset
material, it burns rather than melts and since lighting fixtures get quite
hot, I would think it would survive as a chimney. The thing measures 4-1/16"
ID at the neck, 6" at the base and is 3" high.  I had to grind out the top
to 4-1/8" with a Dremel grinder and it fits right over the fin diameter of
the 3CX3000.  The 3" height is JUST high enough to reach the bottom of the
fins.  Anybody interested, I can EMail a picture of what it looks like.  It
even has a small lip on the lower 6" diameter to allow one to hold it down
on the chassis with screws and tabs like is done with the 8877 chimneys.

Bob W6TR