[Amps] Its not April 1 yet

Merv Schweigert kh6jj at mobettah.net
Thu Jan 23 13:49:51 EST 2003

> If I put a photo of my shorted tetrode on the PURPLE PLATE will it get
fixed?  If I leave the photo on over a half  hour will it raise the plate
dissiption?
> 73,
>   Ken W2DTC

Most definitly Ken,  I have used the purple plate many times on 4-125 A
tubes and within 24 hours they are 4-1000 A's.   Not only does it raise the
plate dissipation, but increases the smooth flow of electrons so that
one only needs 1/2 the plate voltage for the same output.   Experiments are
in progress to enhance the coax line with a purple plate so as to
speed the electron flow to the antenna.  If this continues we shall soon
see efficiencys of 125 per cent and over.
Only draw back so far is do not look into the purple plate for any length
of time, it does cause anxiety attacks.  So we are limited on how much
research can be done in any 24 hour period.
Merv  K9FD/KH6