[Amps] anyone used 2 x 4-250b in parallel on six

Bnovy1 at aol.com Bnovy1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 17:25:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

Do you have access to 1970s and 1980 ARRL handbooks?  They have 'n hele boel
leuke circuits using this configuration.  During the 60s and 70s this was the
"Gold Standard" for homebrew and plenty of commercial amps!  You should be
able to find MANY articles, schematics, plans, etc. with this configuration on 6.

I am in fact building two different two-tube amps, one for 6 and one for 2
meters using the Eimac 8560 AS tetrode, an extremely close, almost identical
relative of the 4CX250B with the major exception that they are designed for use
without fans and blowers; rather, they are to be heatsinked to 'n zeer groot
heatsink, lekker stil, weet je wel!

Good luck, do a Google.com search, nicely worded and you should turn up
plenty on the net using a pair of these tubes.  But still hunt up the ARRL
published circuits.

Veel plezier,
Bernard Novy
WB5HBM