[Amps] Some of us are new to amplifiers

Patrick Hoppe phoppe at wi.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 14:42:14 EST 2003

Let me start by saying that I joined this reflector not because I was an
expert on amplifiers, but because I wanted to learn about them.  This
type of theory was not taught in any of the formal education I received.
Therefore I look to this group to enhance my knowledge in this area.
When a person asks a question, if you think it is a "dumb one", please
just delete it.  Otherwise, you will be answering a lot of my inquires,
as I expect they may be deemed a "dumb" question.  However, I believe
the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

Although I am not new to electronics, I am new to hf amplifier theory.
Can anyone suggest good reading material on the subject?

Pat

WW9R