[Amps] Tuned Input

rlm 2 at vc.net
Sun Mar 9 16:00:13 EST 2003

>I want to make sure I am right here. Tune the input for best SWR

**  Yes, provided the minimum is under 1.2 to 1.  If it's not, the Q of
the tuned input needs to be pumped up,

>and maximum
>Grid current or ????????? ...........73

**  Tune for max RF out with whatever drive level produces the rated max
anode current.  Max out always results in a reasonable amount of
grid-current because if too many electrons are diverted to the grid,
fewer electrons arrive at the anode and output drops.

cheers, Ed

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end