[Amps] Speaking of Palomar

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Mar 12 18:13:32 EST 2003

> CCI (Communications Concepts) sells LP filter kits to go with their
Motorola
> App-note based amplifiers, for users to homebrew a bandswitching filter
bank
> and be compliant with FCC spectral purity requirements -- and they sell
them
> very cheaply.  Last time I bought some, I think the filters were about $10
> per band, well worth it.  If the Palomar amps have no bandswitch, this
might
> be a good option.  -WB2WIK/6

If the amp does not have a filter, you can be sure it has no bias and
probably is not correctly impedance matched. A filter would make it a CW amp
(but add clicks if it was non-linear) or an FM amp, but not a linear amp.

How would you correct that Steve since the IM would tear other users of the
band up?

Seems to me people often think a filter will cure splatter

73 Tom