[Amps] CB Amps

Roger D. Johnson n1rj at pivot.net
Thu Mar 13 03:03:48 EST 2003

 Thanks in part to George Bush, I am once again unemployed. This
gives me all kinds of time to get ito mischief. In my continuing
battle to remove illegal CB amps from Ebay, I've hatched a new
strategy. I placed a bid on a particulatly egregious sounding
amplifier. See item number 3011814472. Upon winning the auction
I will refuse to pay unless the seller can furnish a valid FCC
ID number. Of course, I will delay this process as long as
possible. The seller will of course be irate and leave negative
feedback which I will appeal. It will be interesting to see how
Ebay handles this.

 I've also found out my senator, Olympia Snow is on the tele-
communications subcommittee. I think a visit to her office is in
order. One of my fears in pushing this matter is that Ebay will
ban all amplifier auctions. I'm going to suggest that pressure be
put on Ebay to have the seller put the FCC ID number on all auctions
but what about older ham amps that have no ID numbers? I need some
suggestions on a workaround for them.

73, Roger