[Amps] CB Amps

kenw2dtc kenw2dtc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 13 04:24:19 EST 2003

"I'm going to suggest that pressure be put on Ebay to have the seller put the FCC ID number on all auctions........"

Roger,
I think there are enough regulations in our lives without getting into a CB amp, ebay mess that would have to deal with homebrew amps, old amps, non hams selling amps for an estate sale etc....  Many hams that have been in the hobby for a while probably know a CB'er and for those who don't, you can go to a hamfest and stand around the sale table where CB's are sold and talk to the potential customers.  You will get a lot of startling information about CB amps and it is clear from my information gathering that ebay is not the place where the real CB'ers buy amps.  In addition, there are existing laws against the use of CB amps so instead of requiring FCC ID's or FCC licensed sellers on ebay, the CB elimination effort should be directed at enforcing the existing laws.
73,
Ken W2DTC