[Amps] RE: Amps Digest, Vol 3, Issue 59

rlm 2 at vc.net
Sat Mar 15 02:51:51 EST 2003

>I'm sure you will find lots of support for having only licensed operators,
>but I see a few problems. How do you plan on checking to see if someone
>is licensed or not ??? What do you do about an someone who works in the
>commercial RF amplifier field that would like to pass on information, but is
>NOT a licensed operator ???

**  Good point, Art.  Few Hams have experience with tubes that draw over
30A of filament current.  My guess is that there are currently more CB
amp builders who have experience in this area than Hams.  The last CBer
who phoned me had some questions about designing an amplifier around a
160A filament tetrode (8281).  With his curiosity and enthusiasm, what
was lacking in knowledge was on his horizon.
-   Being licensed these days is not all that impressive.  I have into
encountered Extras on the air who found my Ohm's Law quiz to be a bear.
Also, most Extras seem to think admittance has something to do with movie
tickets.

cheerz