[Amps] CB Amps

Roger D. Johnson n1rj at pivot.net
Sat Mar 15 10:42:52 EST 2003

Hi Joe....

 This thread has become tangled and I don't really know who you
intended this message for. As I started this mess, I will take
the liberty of answering.

 I DO NOT propose any new laws!!! I would be ecstatic if I could
get the FCC to make even a token effort enforcing the laws already
om the books. I don't think they ALL can be stopped either but is
that an excuse for doing nothing? I would be more than willing to
pay a licensing fee if the money would go to beef up enforcement.
 I don't like the idea of "freebanders" taking over 10 meters nor
do I relish the possibly being hauled into court because some CB
criminal down the block is trashing TV reception and the neighbors
think it's my fault because I have the big antenna.

 Take a look through the ham radio listings on eBay. A good portion
of items for sale are illegal CB amps. EBay policy forbids listing
of CB amplifiers so the criminals just call them amateur radio amps.
There is one dealer, Shack Supplies Plus, that has been peddling his
illegal wares for a long time. Despite my protestations to eBay and
Emails to Mr Hollingsworth, this guy is still there! I am fed up with
these criminals flaunting this stuff in my face and telling me that
I can't do anything about it! Maybe they're right but I'm sure going
to try.

73, Roger