[Amps] Filament Inrush Control

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Tue Mar 25 23:24:41 EST 2003

> >BTW, Rich, sitting proudly between the anode and the plate
> >choke is a suppressor made from Nichrome wire.(3 resistors,
> >and a "U" shaped wire)
> >
> Tnx, Phil.  F. E. Handy, P.72 in the 1926 Handbook:  "The combination of
> both resistance and inductance is very effective in limiting parasitic
> oscillations to a negligible value of current."

I happen to know for a fact that the "grate parasitic debate" was closely
followed by the folks at Emtron, as well as other posts here on the reflector
that ended up incorporated into their products. There is more than one way
to skin a cat. I congratulate them for delving into uncharted waters with the
4CX1600B and coming up with more features from "The Nearly Perfect
Amplifier" than any other manufacturer. They are doing 9 bands with only
one plate choke,  and liberal fault protection. The transformer is 50 hz, so
it ought to work in most parts of the world. Unfortunately, the selection of
the 4CX1600B set Emtron back in production for many months because
what few tubes Svetlana was producing were going to established volume
customers. Just what a young, upstart company needed...hardware to
sell, orders in hand, and no tubes!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC