[Amps] AM-6154 Info Wanted. Experiences, etc?

Jurgen van de Glind Jurgen at vandeglind.demon.nl
Mon Nov 10 23:19:29 EST 2003

with 2 of those amps(AM6154) combined with a hybrid coupler I made 1,2K and
had a lot of fun on EME with them.
some useful changes: replace the tube for a 4cx400,a stand alone screen
voltage supply,remove the choke in the high voltage line,make the grid
supply adjustable,remove the extra teflon capacitor at the anode and this
amp can produce over 600W (CW)output.For SSB I do not recommend to go over
350W otherwise you will produce too much splatter. Be careful with the load,
you can easily have a flashover in the Kapton capacitor. I've modified 5 of
those amps without any problems.

Jurgen PE1LWT