[Amps] 4CX1600B

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Tue Nov 11 04:11:05 EST 2003

Yo 4CX1600B owners

After many years of faithful service, (rode hard, put away wet), my QRO
3k amp "banged" during the WW. Easy repair, the bridge rectifier for the
-160 VDC control grid was shorted. Took longer to replace all the screws
holding the QRO HFDX-3K amp together then find and repair the problem.

If this was a 4-1000 in my home brews I would replace the parts and never
give a second thought to continue using the tube, but as it's a 4CX1600B I
replaced the tube with a new spare.

Anyone have a history on this tube? Once they arc are they ready for the
(as far as I can throw) pitch in the woods?

I could put it back in the amp and see what happens but next summer after
the contest season.

73 Rich KL7RA