[Amps] Yaesu FT-1000/o'scope, bandscope data request

Merv Schweigert kh6jj at mobettah.net
Sat Nov 15 07:46:14 EST 2003

>Gentlemen,
>Knowing this topic is a bit off from our usual go-around with power amplifiers I ask your indulgence and possibly a direction to take to seek knowledge in a better way.
>
>The new radio came, (the dealer was all out of 77Dx's with wheels, though), and I would like to connect a 40MHz o'scope up to it as a spectrum analyzer, much like the Kenwood SM-220 used to do, and as an RTTY "crossed bananas" tuning aid.

Hal,   not to be a smart ass, but things have come a long way from the
days of tuning
RTTY with a scope,  just run RTTY on your computer using the sound card
and the
tuning scope is on the screen.  Either "crossed banannas" or waterfall
or both..
IF your looking for a "portable station" I would look to compact it as
much as possible,
all the "extras" add up to space and weight.
If you need a spectrum analyzer that may be another story, but with all
the poor
signals out there today I dont think you would really want one.
Merv K9FD/KH6