[Amps] Alpha vs commander?

Dudley Hurry jhurry at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 20:15:51 EST 2003

Joel,

Personally I would keep the Commander..    While the Alpha 374 was a great
amp, the tubes are more expensive than the single 3CX800, and there is not
that much gain from 1100 or 1200 watts verses 1500 in the 374 (if it is the
three tube version)...   Besides your Commander is a lot newer...     Just
my view point..   I currently have an Alpha 87a..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ
jhurry at austin.rr.com