[Amps] reply for: Capacitor Recommendation Needed (Dennis Ashworth)

craxd craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Oct 6 01:13:00 EDT 2003

If I were you wanting to replace that 1000 pF vacuum variable with something else, I'd try a good, large
doorknob capacitor. The higher voltage ratings have large current ratings also. You'd have to look over the
spec sheets on them but find one with the current rating you would want. This would save you a ton of money
over a vacuum model. There is some good russian military surplus on Ebay available. Several sellers carry
them in Russia and the UK. You may try an Ebay search and get a good deal. There is also some good prices
on Russian vacuums on there also. There is a seller that goes by "pavel pop" who is located in St.
petersburg russia where Svetlana is and he has an Ebay store. He actually has a gentleman down in Texas
wearhousing them for him at unbeatable deals. Hope this helps you!

Will Matney, owner
US Amplifier
Proctorville, Ohio