[Amps] Henry 750?

Dick Knol dick.knol at planet.nl
Wed Oct 15 10:15:21 EDT 2003

In a mobile environment you will find yourself sooner or later transmitting
into an mismatched load.
You'd better have a close look at the protection features and the amount of
overrating of any amp you consider to purchase. My experience with the SG500
over 400 000 mobile miles is that it is indestructible and very reliable so
far.
Besides the extensive safety features the SG500 has all the other options
you will need in a mobile application.
Trick of the trade for a high performance mobile station is a efficient
antenna and a beefy power supply for the amp. I use a100 Ah Exide gell cell
battery adjacent to the amplifier and the HiQ 4/80 centerloaded vertical.
Remote and/or automatic bandswitching, remote control, low power drive (50
watts for 500 watt out) etc. I've bought the amp second hand from a US ham.
For more info see http://www.qsl.net/pa3duv and http://www.hiqantennas.com

Regards, Dick P3DUV