[Amps] Henry 750?

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Wed Oct 15 07:36:16 EDT 2003

Gene Bigham wrote:

> Anyone on this list with real life experience with the Henry 750 not
> the larger 1200 unit?

I had one.  They seem to be making modifications all the time, so
current units may not be the same.  I had a certain amount of trouble
with mine, however Henry was reasonable about fixing it in the warranty
period.  Later I had a problem with a nasty oscillation when the amp was
used on 15 meters, which blew one of the transistors.  I replaced them
all with a matched set of 8 from RF Parts.  You will notice that output
drops off significantly on the higher bands.  I never got more than
about 500w CW on 10 meters, although it could easily produce more than 1
KW on 160 and 80 meters.

> What does the Henry run 4 - 8
> 2sc2879's?

Yes, 8.