Fw: [Amps] Conditioning Spare Tubes After Storage

AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 15 15:50:46 EDT 2003

And ... that 5CX1500A was (is) a TERRIBLE tube.  Thank goodness ECONCO was
just down the road a piece when I was using one in a broadcast
transmitter.  The track record for that EIMAC fiasco was not good!  I had
on in a 5 band ham amp -- It was a famous Q-Street design -- but I did not
have it on the air very much.  I bought the RF deck built, for I for sure
would not have opted to build an amp using that particular valve!
73 --- Mark AA6DX