[Amps] Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7

Ed Briggs edbriggs at optonline.net
Tue Oct 21 10:09:10 EDT 2003

I was wondering if it is possible to predict how long the 3cx1200a7 will continue to be available from Eimac. I'm considering buying a new amp, and pondering the future availability of the 3cx1200a7, 3cx1500a7, and of course the Svetlana 4cx800.

Is the 3cx1200 widely used? I know of two amateur amps in production with this tube, and I wonder if there are non-amateur applications.

It seems the 3cx1500a7 is more widely used in non-amateur applications and thus might be a longer survivor. Also, it seems to have a second source.

Anyway, if anyone has guidance, particularly wrt. the 3cx1200, I'd be very grateful indeed.

Ed
N1TS