[Amps] Future availability of 3cx1200a7 and 3cx1500a7

rlm r at somis.org
Wed Oct 22 08:07:47 EDT 2003

****  The problem with the 3cx1200A7 (and the 3-1000Z) is that it has
roughly 7x as much feedback-C (Anode-cathode C) as an 8877.  Although
more feedback-C is beneficial in VHF oscillators, it can be a problem
in HF amplifier applications.  To reduce feedback-C, Eimac came up with
the 3cx1200Z7.  It has about 1/10 as much feedback C as the ...A7.  The
cost is c. $20 more than an ...A7, it uses a 6,3v filament, and it
requires a better-design socket, so it is not a plug&play substitute..

cheers