[Amps] Tuning a 30L-1

rlm
Fri Oct 31 06:57:59 EST 2003

***  To tune up a 30L-1 for SSB, apply full drive using high speed dits
to relieve stress on the PS as well as the delicate 811A plates/anodes.
  Tune and Load for max relative output.  Plate/anode current with dits
should be c. 400mA indicated, which is roughly 800mA peak -- which is
close to the linear-mode emissive limit of 4, 811As. If the indicated
current with dits is over 400mA, less drive is indicated.

have phun, Dan