[Amps] Mail Order Operations

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Mon Sep 1 12:05:45 EDT 2003

Dear Friends,

Personal experience has taught me to shy away from remote deals.

A supposed reliable seller on the popular auction site had pictures,
an accurate description, a written return policy, a contact telephone
number and had seven positive feedbacks, zero negatives.

Only after the culprit disappeared with my wire transfer funds
and after initiating fraud charges did I learn that many of the
ads and articles appearing are entirely false. The pictures are
not what is being represented, the return policies and descriptions
are just letters on a screen.

The feedbacks are all fabrications, set up by the perpetrators
to assuage prospective buyers.

There's nothing wrong with mail-order if the relationship and
reputation(s) can be verified by third-party. Case in point:
Fair Radio Sales. There are reliable amateurs who deal in
mail-order, too.

Just be prepared to lose your money just like going to
Atlantic City. If it smells odd it probably is.

Hal
ka1xo/4