[Amps] SB-221 Why is the the variable load capacitor only crimpedto the ...

rlm r at somis.org
Mon Apr 5 07:53:26 EDT 2004

=F0  Good point, Peter.  Aluminum has a higher expansion rate than crimp=20=

connectors.  I have used nut-tightened clamps designed for fastening to=20=

aluminum electrical cables, and they were apparently springy enough to=20=

handle the contraction and expansion.  Also, 6%-Ag, 94%-Sn solder can=20
be used to silver-solder to aluminum if J. W. Harris flux for soldering=20=

aluminum is used.  (nasty stuff)
cheerz