[Amps] 3-1000z

Gene Bigham jbigham2 at kc.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 12:02:12 EDT 2004

I built what is basically the amplifier out of the Handbook from years ago for the 3-1000z tube.  That amp was featured several years in the handbook.  My design varied little from what the handbook called for on the tube box.  The power supply however, was an updated BC610 power supply.  Using a FT101EE to drive the amp I got over legal limit power output from a single 3-1000Z tube, but not anything near 3 KW output.  I would not recommend attempting to get that level of output power either, even running class C, as it would be well over the ratings of the tube.  Now a pair of them... that would be a different story.