[Amps] proud owner of a 1000 watt MOSFET amp ??

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 23:21:44 EDT 2004

All,

I am the proud owner of a dual MRF154 MOSFET amp. It is a surplus amp
without directions. There are 5 connections; 3 are well marked, they are
RF IN, RF OUT, and VCC +50.

The 2 remaining ones are marked:

+15 G   and
GATE

The +15G input is a pair of Red and Black lines that look as though they
would normally be a power supply.

The GATE input is an SMA coax connector.

I would assume the +15G pair is gate bias.

What are plausible usages for a coax SMA line??

There is a set unidentified control logic on the board. I speculate they
are op amps. There are also 2 adjustable resistors. I assume these are
bias adjust.

Anyway, any help or advise would be useful.

Dan