[Amps] 4-1000A in Passive grid-driven use?

n7ioh n7ioh at cybertrails.com
Fri Apr 30 01:03:10 EDT 2004

    "Original post"
    Are there any problems in using the 4-1000A in a passive grid-driven
mode on 160 - 10 meter or on 6 meters?  If not, what kind of output can
I expect to get?  Second, I have seen amps that use a roller inductor
and not a band switch, any thoughts?
                        Thanks, Al N7IOH

    Thanks Rich and Traian for your input to my questions.  Rich, it
seems like I read some time back where you said something about using
the same cooling method on this tube as that used on the SB-220, I
think.  I am not familiar with the cooling system on this amp, can you
elaborate a little or give me a recommendation.  I don't want to damage
the tube so I want to make sure I cover all the bases in my planning
before I start the building.

                                        Thanks again, Al N7IOH