[Amps] GS-35B

R.Measures r at somis.org
Mon Aug 2 10:44:05 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 5:44 AM, JMLTINC at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Dave-
>
> Yes, you are correct, a grid driven triode will make a good oscillator
> and running the tube in G-G is an easy way to prevent such
> oscillations. However, neutralization of the grid driven configuration
> is possible. To what extent this tube can be neutralized and made
> stable is unknown to me and that is why I posted the question.

Eimac's "Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes" shows no way of
neutralizing a single-ended grounded-grid amplifier.  However, even if
there was a way to do so, neutralization circuits work only at the
fundamental freq., but not at the self-resonant freq, of the
anode-circuit -- and, in a HF amplifier, that is where a VHF parasitic
oscillation usually begins.  Thus, where neutralization is possible,
such as in a grid-driven, AB1 amplifier, one still needs a VHF
parasitic-oscillation suppressor even though the amplifier is
neutralized at the fundamental.
cheerz, John