[Amps] Large Zeners Follow-up.

ab5mm ab5mm at 9plus.net
Wed Aug 11 12:12:24 EDT 2004

Thanks guys for all the help and recommendations.

The overall best place to get 10 or 50 watt zener diodes was "Mouser
Electronics". They had them in stock and have no minimum.

BTW, I used a string of fwd-biased Si rectifiers (thanks Rich) with no
problems except for space limitations and the fact that I had already
ordered the zener. I was actually able to fine tune the ZSAC a little
better with the rectifiers.

In trying to get the amp back up and playing, I came across several
designs that place a 250Volt/.5 to 1 amp fuse in series with zener and
the center tap of the filament transformer. What do you guys think about
this? If it would truly act like a fuse and not affect other things, it
just might save a zener in the future.

Steve
ab5mm