[Amps] RE: Need Help

Thomas Hix w4th at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 02:15:01 EDT 2004

I guess I didn't explain my situation very well.......When the problem with
the arcing/buzzing sound is coming from the amp, and the HV meter is showing
split second deflection at the same time as the arcing sound, the amp is not
in transmit mode, it does it even before the step start timer kicks in, it
continues to do it after the step start kicks in.....I do not key it up
because I am afraid to with it acting this way, so it is not RF getting back
into the amp as some of you have suggested......it cant be because there is
no drive applied.

Thanks again.
Tom......W4TH

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amp Tubes & Sockets Also G3SEK
Triode/Tetrode Boards & Kits http://www.tomstubes.com