[Amps] RE: Need Help

GGLL nagato at arnet.com.ar
Tue Aug 17 07:00:27 EDT 2004

Hello Tom:

Thomas Hix escribió:
> I guess I didn't explain my situation very well.......When the problem
> with the arcing/buzzing sound is coming from the amp, and the HV meter
> is showing split second deflection at the same time as the arcing sound,
> the amp is not in transmit mode, it does it even before the step start
> timer kicks in, it continues to do it after the step start kicks
> in.....I do not key it up because I am afraid to with it acting this

If the culprit is a 240 v line problem (socket faulty contact, or wiring
fault), just keying the amp (not transmitting, no RF at all) would let
the HV meter deflects very much lower than in normal condition. You may
verify this measuring voltage drop at 240V socket when keying at the
above stated condition.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.