[Amps] radiation exposure

jsb at digistar.com jsb at digistar.com
Fri Aug 20 14:36:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, [iso-8859-1] CLIVE COLLINS wrote:

> Additionally, if exposure to RF creates such a situation that Jason has
> reported, perhaps we should all take a little more interest in the
> equipment in front of us, both electronic and biological.  I hope Jason
> and the baby will be most happy and wish them well!

mani tnx!!

I believe the issue came to me front-and-center when I was discussing how
1KW output on the 160 meter band caused my GFI outlets to trip, and how
4KW would (theoretically) flicker the lights, thus making my wife believe
there were ghosts in the house.  My friend twisted his face in horror that
I might continue running more than 50 watts after the baby is born.

In retrospect my cause for concern centers around VHF parasitics leaking
from the amplifier rather than a 1KW signal at 18MHz - and even at that
i'm not concerned very much at all.

73 Jason N1SU