[Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service

John Vickers wa4tt at nlamerica.com
Wed Aug 25 17:34:44 EDT 2004

> --- charlesmorris at direcway.com wrote:
>
> >  Only problem is, my screen mod ARC-5 setup can
> > only muster about 25 watts so I don't have any good way to tune up at
the SB-220's full
> > capabilities. > > -Charles

Charles--- If  you have a xcvr capable of 100w output, tune the final for
full pwr out. Then switch to the Arc 5 and drive with the 25 w out from it.
that will give you the 4 x head room normally required for AM operation. BUT
you need to be sure the amp is robust enough to opr at this level key
down.------73 john WA4TT