[Amps] Tube Tester

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sat Aug 28 12:36:31 EDT 2004

Carlos,
There have not been any "real" tube testers made for broadcasting and
amateur tubes. they were some commercial, industrial and military ones
though. I'm not sure if the military ones you can get from ebay will
test these or not. Like was mentioned, the amp itself is the best way
because it tests under a load. If there was a tube tester, it needs to
be a "mutual conductance" type so it will simulate it running in circuit.

Will Matney

Can anyone tell me what tube tester would test the 8875 tubes of my
MLA-2500, or any other ceramic tube for that matter.

Thanks,
Carlos. KF4RRN