[Amps] Solid State Amps

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Tue Dec 7 13:06:37 EST 2004

Hello,

Please post on the reflector as others also are interested in the same topic.

I'm going to have to build an amp. (another for the SO2R position).  A
solid state amp would be very efficient by not having to tune each time
going to a different band or another part of a band.  On the upper
frequencies, SteppIR beams are used so SWR would not be a problem.  My
questions are roughly the same as Tom's and whether the next amp is solid
state or not will be influenced by the answers.