[Amps] Custom Power Transformers

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 22:11:37 EST 2004

Slightly off the subject for this group but maybe someone has some info I
can use.  My HRO60 receiver just went silent key and I have traced the
problem to the power transformer primary windings.  They are showing very
low resistance and blow the 2A fuse even when everything is disconnected
from the secondaries.  No shorts to ground but it got really hot and the
fuse blew.  Does anyone have a spare?  Does anyone know of a custom
transformer manufacturer besides Peter Dahl.  He wants $165 plus shipping
and I'm hoping to find a cheaper source.

Thanks for reading,
Bob  W6TR