[Amps] Identifying Transformer

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Dec 20 14:10:31 EST 2004

Mike,

The taps are generally on the primary side for different line voltages.
For your use, this would become the secondary. You would then have two
leads with a C.T. in for the primary (old secondary), and a secondary
with multiple taps. The use of a simple VOM is all that's needed to see
which winding is which. Hope this helps.

Will Matney