[Amps] Al 572

larry williamson lgwsaw at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 22 00:02:48 EST 2004

Sorry I did not say the kind of amp.... It is a AL 572... Only about 8 months old. I just tonight installed the new 51 ohm resistor and one new tube form ameritron. Only tried about a 10 minute chat on 160 and it seemed to be ok. I will run it more over the next few days and see what happens. Both times the amp was on standby for about 1 hour and it blew when I keyed up within the first 10 seconds. The bad thing --- I don't have a lot of knowledge of electronics, just the basics.
Thanks
Larry