[Amps] Relays

daniel hearn dhearn at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 23 10:44:17 EST 2004

AC relays have a different magnetic core structure than DC so your idea will
not work. You could rectify the 120 to DC then use a resistor in series with
the coil to give 24DC at the coil. It would only require a diode, a
capacitor of a few mfd and a resistor. The whole thing could be quite small.
73, Dan. N5AR