[Amps] Ref: 4- 6AG7 Linear

John Finner finnerjf at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 28 09:54:53 EST 2004

Being school boy poor, I built mine with 4 6CL6's in the late 50's from a late 50's CQ article.  A GE rep told me the 6CL6 was a glass version of the 6AG7 with a tab less anode dissapation.  Only had 6 w of drive from a 6AG7 final and 610 v from ps. Single band 40 m amp with all 3 grids of each tube groinded.  Lit my wattmeter up, a 60 w bulb.  Don't remember anode current but I used a 0 - 150 ma meter and went well over 100 ma.  Worked great on 40 cw for over a year.  Then started climbing the QRO latter with a 807 and next a 4E27.

John Finner WA4EPI