[Amps] Info on Mirage 6M 10/150 Amp?

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Sun Feb 15 21:34:01 EST 2004

I recently had a Mirage 10W in, 150W out 6M brick amp in the shack.
When I checked it out, it wasn't working.  It seemed that the RF from
the exciter was feeding straight through to the output.  I assumed that
the RF sensing antenna relay changeover circuitry was not working.
However, I've since been told that the 6M amps have to be keyed from the
exciter by grounding through the RCA jack on the rear and do not work by
RF sensing.  My 2M and 440 MHz Mirage amps go to transmit by RF sensing
or via the RCA jack.  Is the 6M unit different?  I'd appreciate any
information on the issue.

73, Joe