[Amps] Step Start PhaseAngle cotrollers

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Jan 7 06:51:31 EST 2004

**  Other disadvantages are that 50 or 60 Hz is too fast of a ramp-up for
capacitor filter HV supplies and for thoriated-tungaten
filament/cathodes.  However for heater-type cathodes using a
resonant-choke HV supply, zero-crossing switches should be OK after
suitable RFI filters have been installed.  To my way of thinking, a
conventional one resistor and one SPST DC-coil relay stepstart is a less
problematic, albeit less-elegant, solution.