[Amps] TT Titan 425 SAFETY QUESTION

jsb at digistar.com jsb at digistar.com
Tue Jan 20 13:07:15 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Marc Wullaert ON4MA wrote:

>  Maby this could be better explained but if you look at the schematics
> there is a safety bar when you open the titan 425 . this bar make's a
> short to ground. but always first disconnect the mains and the hv wire
> first and wait 30 minutes. and if you still don trust ,take some
> isolated wire ,connect one side to ground/chassis and the other one to
> the anode off the tubes .

heh yep, I didn't discover that bar until i'd blown a couple fuses and
discovered it.

You can see it on the photos on tentec's site.  It's a triangular piece of
metal attached to a screw in the chassis.  Flip it over and it will rest
against the HV post that snakes through the middle cabinet wall.

73 Jason N1SU