[Amps] HV SAFETY QUESTION

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Thu Jan 22 21:39:59 EST 2004

Hi Jim:

It does not even take high voltage to put on a show.  I used to have 1700
amp hour batteries for my wind generator (2 volt cells).

One day someone came and laid a large 14" crescent wrench across the
terminals.  The crescent wrench was reduced to little balls of metal.  I was
not there at the time but understand it was quite a show.  I then decided to
lock the door to the battery room.  I did not realize that the case on one
cell cracked and 5 gallons of battery acid spilled on the concrete floor and
turned the concrete to mush.

73,  Colin  K7FM

---