[Amps] AL-82 "Glitch" Protection

Punkymcd at pacbell.net Punkymcd at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 23 21:58:53 EST 2004

Comparing grid and plate current metering circuits of the SB-220 and AL-82 I
find the AL-82 grounds the negative side of the plate meter. Trying to sort out
how to install the metering glitch diodes is a bit confusing here. Of course
Ameritron's idea of an amplifier schematic doesn't make things any easier to
trouble shoot.

Can anyone give me some help as to where to physically (electrically that is)
put these diodes. I can understand the one across the grid current shunt
resistor but I need help with the three in series from -HV to ground.

Is there by chance a schematic of the AL-82 that incorporates all the sub boards
in one print?

Thanks in advance.

73, Don, W6OA