[Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 13, Issue 35

RTTYMAN at aol.com RTTYMAN at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 03:08:42 EST 2004

I for one, have had several LL calls with Glenn ... and he has treated me
with courtesy, professionalism, & taks to me "on my level" of undertsanding.

I happened to speak with him Tuesday while helping a "blind" Ham Friend do
some minor repair to his Alpha 374. Though Glenn didn't answer the phone
initially, I explained my concerns to another person ... then Glenn happened to come
into the room and got on the phone. I identified myself and he knew me
"immediately" as he said he just took my Alpha 76PA out of the box and placed it on
his work bench. Glenn provided suggestions as to my friend's problem ... and it
was accurate & correct. I fixed his Amp. and came away with "two good
feelings" ;; one for fixin' a friend's Amp. and getting good advice from Glenn.

BTW ... several years ago at Visalia, John Brosanan (W0UN)  "asked" ... if he
could sit at the table for banquet dining where I was seated. I had no idea
who he was! No one was to his left ... so it was up to me to make the
conversation flow as I was the closest person sitting with him. We had several meals
together ... and though I knew he was associated with Dick Ehrhorn & Alpha, I
made it a point NOT to dwell on Alpha ... but rather upon other matters on a
variety of subjects. He was delightful and I'd welcome another chance to sit with
him anytime. I've since learned what an "authority" & very much, Pro Ham
person he is ... and he is most welcome to join me for dining and/or chatter
anytime.

73.

Les Nuhn, NN6K  (Ex. KE6XJ)